Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Gristmill in Gruene, TX



This is one of those gems that you will never forget! I have been going there since I was little and it surprises me every time I go back. Tucked away in the town of Gruene, TX in between Austin and San Antonio on I-35, the Gristmill sits above and overlooks the Guadalupe River. The atmosphere alone is amazing and relaxing in a casual kind of way. Go in the daytime to eat by the river and go at night to see the live music. The food is great to match the atmosphere! Homecooking with a twist is what I would have to call the menu. I always remember getting the Chicken Fried Chicken when I was younger, and it is yummy! The burgers are great...and big too! Last time I tried the Ribs and they were so amazingly tender and juicy and flavorful! That is one of my favorites now. They make homemade salad dressings that taste fresh. I think everything is good! The strawberry shortcake and the cheesecake with fresh strawberries are addictive! If you haven't been here before, it is definitely a place to visit and if you have been here then you know what I'm talking about : ) By the way...the whole town of Gruene is historic and interesting and lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment